Hello there! I hope y'all have been good!
2020 has been difficult for many for a variety of reasons. While many have experienced their nadir this year, I have slowly put the building blocks for a renaissance of sorts. 2019 was the lowest point of my life, and I never thought I would be where I am right now. Thank you <3
I know it has been quiet for the past couple of weeks. And honestly, I find it hard to write when I am busy and/or have nothing substantial to say.
I generally shy away from giving anything like life updates, but there have been some substantial ones recently. Because I am lazy butt that likes lists and bullet points, here's what happened:
- Trying to make sense of geopolitical climate, and its likely short-term and long-term effects. TLDR: Cyberpunk is real but no one is paying attention AGAIN.
- Joe Biden has won the US Elections...and I have mixed feelings. Of course, I am glad that this is likely to reduce needless deaths throughout the country. But, there is far more to unpack about that whole situation.
- Did some cleanup behind the scenes on this blog.
- I got a new job working in EdTech. So now I introduce myself as: "I'm Ed, I work in EdTech and I live in Edo (Tokyo's previous name).
- This has been long overdue, but I have to read more regarding a wider array of experiences that are not my own. I recently obtained a book called Hood Feminism and I am stoked to read it. Maybe one day, I will make a list of non-fiction books that I found influenced my worldview or explain my worldview.
- I am one of those people that many hate right now because of this:
There's a couple of posts in the pipeline, and they're quite long. I had to cancel or indefinitely delay others as I was unhappy with the quality. Of course, there will be be some 'Best of' lists this year. If you missed the 2019 ones, you can check them out here.